Saturday, 29th July 2017
Ceremony – On-site at Orso
How did you meet? We met in Ireland, where Aoife is from. Josh was on a Gap year. We met on a night out with friends. We dated casually while Josh lived in Ireland. Once Josh moved home we realised than neither of us was happy being so far apart, Aoife moved to Australia so that we could be together
How did you get engaged? One of the first places Josh took Aoife when she arrived in Australia was Taronga Zoo. He thought it was an appropriate place to propose, three years later.
How long did you spend planning your Wedding? Just over a year. Our son was born not long after we got engaged, so we had to split our time between planning and nappies.
How would you describe your Big Day? The day was perfect. The staff were accommodating and friendly, they looked after everything and worked the day around what we needed and wanted. The food was outstanding, all of our friends raved about how delicious it was, even the people with special dietary requirements said their meals were fantastic. Julie (the event manager) was very helpful and really helped the day run smoothly. It was a beautiful relaxed day which is exactly what we wanted.
What was the highlight of your Day? The first dance. After weeks of practice, with our all of our family and close friends gathered around us on the dance floor, to one of our favourite songs, we finished the formalities for the evening. It went great, even though my wife and to count me through the steps.
Do you have any suggestions for future Brides and Grooms? Have the day that you want to have, and take the time to enjoy it. If you start getting stressed about the little things you’ll miss all the best bits. It’s important that you take the time to relax and spend a few minutes alone together, just to be together.
- Photographer: Jay from T-One Photography.
- Videographers: Peter Lilley
- Florist: A friend did the centre pieces, the bouquets were done by Matt Bisaro Floral Craftsman, Mosman
- Wedding Dress + Bridesmaids Dresses: Maria Chiodo from Marry Me Bridal, Mosman
- Grooms + Groomsmen’s attire: Peppers Formal Wear, Neutral Bay
- Cake: My Little Cupcake, Neutral Bay
- Entertainment: Impressions DJs
- Invitations + Stationery: Invites from Sonya Byrne- Perfect Day Invites (Ireland). Stationary was DIY by bride and groom