Saturday 8 November 2014
Ceremony – Loreto Kirribilli Chapel
How did you get engaged? We were living in Launceston, Tasmania for 2 years. February is stunning on the East Coast – we went camping for a weekend at the Bay of Fires at a campsite called Cosy Corner. We had a sunset picnic of cheese and champagne on the beach and Andy got down on one knee with the most beautiful cushion cut diamond ring flanked by tapered baguettes. No one else was on the beach, it was magical!
How long did you spend planning your wedding? We spent 8 months planning our Wedding. After being together for so long, we didn’t need a long engagement!
How would you describe your Big Day? Perfect!!! Traditional, sentimental, classic and beautiful filled with so much happiness and laughter. We kept it simple with a navy and ivory theme. We have both always lived on the Lower North Shore and are water lovers, Orso’s location fit perfectly with us. Steph wanted touches of her late Father in the day – from the ceremony music (Mozart, Haydn), wedding favours (Vanille Kipferl biscuits) and Schnapps toast (From his home town in Austria) were all in memory of him. We wanted guests to rave about the venue, roll out of Orso full of amazing food, go away thinking how much of the day and night reflected who we are as a couple and exhausted from dancing…. Mission accomplished!
- Photographer: Infinity Photography www.infinityphotography.com.au
- Florist + Cake: Boutierre Girls www.boutierregirls.com.au
- Wedding Dress + Bridesmaids Dresses: Wedding dress – Karen Willis Holmes & Bridesmaids dresses – Bridesmaid’s Only, Double Bay.
- Grooms + Groomsmens attire: Peppers Formal Hire, Cremorne
- Entertainment: Impression DJ’s
- Invitations + Stationery: Design by Mouse – www.designbymouse.com.au