How did you meet? Sam and I first met through work. My company was recruiting at the time, and I had phoned her for an interview. Upon reaching her voicemail, what greeted me was what I thought to be the sweetest voice I had ever heard. I knew I just had to meet her.
How did you get engaged? After some detailed planning and covert involvement from our close friends and family, I asked Sam to marry me at Mrs Macquarie’s Chair, overlooking the harbour. We then went on the celebrate with our friends in the Hunter Valley. Best. Weekend. Ever. Aside from our wedding (of course).
How long did you spend planning your wedding? Probably 18 months or so! But only seriously for the last 12 months leading up to the big day…
How would you describe your Big Day? Full on! But in a good way. We had a fantastic day, surrounded by our family and friends. Our suppliers, chapel and reception venue were amazing from planning to execution
What was the highlight of your Day? There were so many! But a few stand outs…
- Seeing each other for the first time at the Chapel
- Entering the reception venue & being introduced for the first time as husband and wife
- The speeches! And nailing our first dance
- Celebrating at the Reception with our close family and friends
Do you have any suggestions for future Brides and Grooms? It’s a big day – both physically and emotionally – and it’s over in a flash. Don’t stress the little things as they crop up or the things beyond your control and ensure that you take the time to step back and live in the moment.
- Photographer & Videographer: Dreamlife Photos & Video
- Florist: Sierra Blooms (www.sierrablooms.com.au)
- Wedding Dress + Bridesmaids Dresses: Brides of Beecroft & Fashionably Yours
- Grooms + Groomsmen’s attire: Rembrandt
- Cake: So Art Cakes (www.soartcakes.com.au)
- Entertainment: Impression DJs & Platinum Dholis (Reception) & Arco Trio (Chapel)
- Invitations + Stationery: Designed by Kristy Day and printed by Fast Printing Services