Saturday, 31st March 2018
Ceremony – St Philip’s Anglican Church, York St CBD
How did you meet? At the church we got married in.
How did you get engaged? Tim planned for a couple of Katie’s best friends to whisk her away for a manicure and lunch at her favourite restaurant giving her cards with instructions along the way. The final card asked her to get dressed up and then her friends brought her to a little secluded beach where he was waiting for her suited up with a champagne picnic, and of course a proposal.
How long did you spend planning your Wedding? We were engaged for 6 months which was the perfect amount of time for us to plan the wedding.
How would you describe your Big Day? In terms of style – Vintage Australian Glamour. In terms of vibe – classy, laid back and incredibly fun!
What was the highlight of your Day? Our ceremony was incredibly special as we believe the vows we made to each other were the most important part of the day and the whole reason for getting together. We also had an absolute blast on the dance floor at the reception!
Do you have any suggestions for future Brides and Grooms? Throw out the rule book on what you think needs to be done for a wedding & focus on what is most important to you both. Set a vision for the day and draw in friends and family to help you make it a reality. DIY is not as scary as it sounds – the result is unique, personal and cost effective. Have fun with the process and work together!
- Photographer: Matt Godkin
- Videographers: A friend
- Florist: Mother of the bride
- Wedding Dress + Bridesmaids Dresses: Wedding dress is Rosa Clara (bought from Marry Me Bridal in Mosman). The bridesmaids all live in different countries so each of them found their dresses at different online and local stores.
- Grooms + Groomsmen’s attire: The Gentlemen’s Club, Chatswood
- Cake: A friend
- Entertainment: Steve Morrison Jazz Trio
- Invitations + Stationery: A friend