Saturday 12th November, 2016
Ceremony – St Thomas Anglican Church, North Sydney
How did you meet? Matt and I met when we were 17 through mutual friends. My friend was dating one of his friends, so we saw each other at parties and other events. We then didn’t see much of each other after high school until all the 21st birthday’s started. Around this time we discovered we had the same taste in music and went to a few concerts together, before Matt asked me out. We dated for 6.5 years before we got engaged and now we are married!
How did you get engaged? The day after I returned from a month in Italy with my family, I had booked two nights in a cottage at Mudgee for Matt’s birthday as I had missed it while overseas. Matt’s family have a property near Mudgee so its somewhere we go a few times a year. The following day we drove there, and when we arrived the sun was setting and there were kangaroo’s near the lake, I was very excited and wanted to go see them. As we walked over a little bridge, Matt got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
How long did you spend planning your wedding? 17 months
How would you describe your Big Day? The best day of our lives- Amazing, magical, perfect!
What was the highlight of your Day? We can’t pick just one–the whole day! Seeing each other for the first time was pretty special! Also being surrounded by family and friends. There were a few surprises during the night which had been organised, at the beginning this waitress tripped over and then started break dancing, when we started our first dance a smoke machine started and when we entered there was an ice sculpture with our initials, those surprises were a great highlight to our night.
Do you have any suggestions for future Brides and Grooms?
- Get married at Orso- you won’t be disappointed.
- Take a moment during the reception and walk away together to take it all in (best advice we received).
- All the little things come together in the end, try not to worry too much over the small stuff.
- Enjoy every second as the day goes so quickly.
- Photographer & Videographer: Dreamlife Photos & Video
- Florist: Ispen Botanica
- Wedding Dress + Bridesmaids Dresses: Brides of Beecroft
- Grooms + Groomsmen’s attire: Calabro Bridal and Evening Wear
- Cake: Cake Minds Think Alike
- Entertainment: Baker Boys Band, and we had surprise break dancers ( Aus Entertainment)
- Invitations + Stationery: All handmade by my mother in law and family.