How did you meet? In the hospital staff room at St George Private Hospital
How did you get engaged? Post a work conference on Hamilton Island John booked a helicopter tour of the heart reef island and we landed on Whitehaven Beach for a champagne picnic just the two of us (plus the pilot of course). Whitehaven beach was deserted because a storm was brewing in the background!
How long did you spend planning your wedding? 7 months
How would you describe your Big Day? Fabulous day as we had amazing autumn weather of 28 degrees and the sun shining was glorious. The love and party atmosphere of just having our family from around the globe was fantastic. Everything went according to plan without a hitch! Hiring a wedding coordinator took the stress out of the day too and Orso did a great job with the venue as comments form everyone was that a great time was had by all
What was the highlight of your Day? Arriving at the ceremony with all our family and friend from around the globe in one location plus the trip in the Maserati… plus finally seeing the reception venue with all the flowers and decorations as planned only it look like only better than planned!
Do you have any suggestions for future Brides and Grooms? Take the advice of the suggested suppliers form Orso as we used all their suggested supplier, from celebrant, to stylist, to florist to table plan designer etc. Hire a quality photographer as we used a refined film photographer not the digital mob! Invest in a wedding coordinator for the day to remove any potential stress and hire a videographer as you won’t regret it. Above all work together with your partner as I was lucky enough to have a Groomziller! And enjoy the planning as the day goes too quickly. We even forgot to eat so ended up ordering room service later that night at the Park Hyatt!
- Photographer: Mr Edwards (http://www.mredwards.com.au/)
- Videographer: Pie Pictures videography (http://www.piepictures.com.au/)
- Florist: Bianca’s florist and The Wedding Decorator (ceremony & venue styling)
- Wedding Dress + Bridesmaids Dresses: Brides of Beecroft & Couture bridesmaid dresses by Henriette Sandler – 0450 478 199
- Grooms + Groomsmen’s attire: Ferrari Formal Wear at Myers and Cambridge Suits (http://www.ferrariformal.com.au/)
- Cake: Docettini Bridal
- Entertainment: Impressions DJ and Jasmine Strings for a string trio at the ceremony
- Invitations + Stationery: Pure Invites (http://www.pureinvites.com.au/)